Balbirnie is surrounded by a plethora of stunning walks, including hill walks, beach walks, loch walks:
- Around Balbirnie Park itself
- Lomond Hills
- Falkland Hill
- St. Andrews Beach (where the famous “Chariots of Fire” film scene took place!)
- Kingsbarnes beach
- Tentsmuir beach (area good for cycling too)
- Aberdour beach walk
- Fife coastal trail - simply stunning - 116 miles of coastal trail from Forth Road Bridge to Newburgh. In particular, the picturesque fishing villages dotted along the coast between Elie and St Andrews are quite beautiful.
- The Tetley trail hill walk which surrounds Loch Leven by Kinross (potentially incorporating part of the walk below)
- Loch Leven by Kinross - wonderful walk with spectacular scenery literally 20 minutes from here. The walk now covers 16 miles of almost flat walking around the whole of Loch Leven (disabled access available along the whole route, with the possibility to hire disabled buggies at Kinross). Stop off at the super Loch Leven's larder enroute for a bite to eat and a bit of shopping! Other drop offs include The Boat House Bistro in Kinross and Vane Farm. A fantastic day out. *Note the route is also a very popular cycle route, with bike hire possible from Kinross.